Latvian band Olive Mess has at least ten years making music,
half way between avant garde, RIO and symph prog.
"Cherdak" (Attic) is their second effort.
Purchased in 2008 is a 4 long-epic suites album where the
average listener could find some melodical avant garde
influences, oriental and medieval sections mixed with complex rhythmical sections and some floating 70's symph prog passages
"a la Yes".
The 4 tracks sounds really good with all this textures and mixes
of genres and styles, making sections in which prog, avant, RIO
and others collide in almost perfect harmony.
Can's leave out of this highlight the epical gran finale of
"Ovum Mechanicus" with several minutes of a thrilling crescendo...
released February 26, 2008
- Sergey Syomin: archlute, baroque guitar
- Alexey Syomin: electric & classic guitars
- Denis Arsenin: bass guitar
- Edgar Kempish: drums & percussions
- Maris Jekabsons: vocal, bagpipes
- Elizabeth Perecz: keyboards
and Julia Pecherskaya - female vocals on 'Beowulf'