The immediate impression is one of wondrous respect for Camel.
"The Voyage" finds itself to be an ideal title, as the music
begins with a solemn "Departure" and ends with "The Voyage Home".
The material starts off like all voyages with gentle exaltation
at the adventure ahead, massive keys soaring tidily along,
floating towards the endless horizon.
The galloping homewards treatment is loaded with undisguised joy,
cheery exhaustion after the long seafaring, surging symphonic
keyboards leading the path towards the final berth, truly amazing
and adventurous, to say the least. This one shot recording is a
gentle foray into the calm expanses of ambient symphonics ,
a long lost gem that has been finally raised from the bottom
of the progressive ocean.
released March 1, 1997
- Mark Walczak / keyboards, bass
- Ken Lotz / drums, keyboards
- Ben Jaeger / guitars, keyboards
- Rachel Ziegert / oboe on tracks 7 & 9
- Kara Higdon / flute on tracks 7 & 9
- Mandy Gelhaart / clarinet on tracks 7 & 9
- Jason McKinney / clarinet on tracks 7 & 9
- Terry Michaels / 12-strings acoustic guitar on track 7
Music composed by MARK WALCZAK and KEN LOTZ
Recorded in the 1996 at Riverlane Studio, Milwaukee, WI