This single albun from North-American (Portland, Oregon)
band HARLEQUIM MASS, is a good surprise, mainly if take in consideration that is a relatively unknown work.
The sound reminds in some aspects the German band NOVALIS
(in special "Novalis" & "Bradung" albuns) and also takes a bit of GENESIS, YES.
You can perceive some crossover prog influences in the "vein"
of the Britsh band BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST and a very small
"pinch' of the sound of the Norwegian band RUPHUS in their two
first albuns ("New Born Day" and "Ranshart") wich adds some Heavy-Prog aspects in the musical landscapes.
We recommend the track 2 "Love & Death", track 6 "A New Song" ,
track 7 "Sky Caller" and track 9 "Meantime".
released March 29, 1994
- Lyle Holdah: bass guitar, acoustic and electric guitars, string ensemble, synthesizer, piano, organ, bass synthesizer, flute, percussion, lead and background vocals
- Nancy Deaver (Nancy Kaye): lead vocals, background vocals, bass synthesizer
- John Reagan: drums, percussion, background vocals
- Jeff Pike: lead electric guitar, classical and acoustic guitars, piano, synthesizer, saxophone, clarinet, background vocals
- Collin Heade: cello and 'special' guitar on "One Step Home"
- Rob Metcalfe: synthesizer programming and special effects
- Mark Reagan: snare drum and 2nd hand cymbals on "Space Cats"